Saturday 21 December 2019

Hutt Valley Miniature Wargaming Club, ValleyCon, 18-19 January 2020 - posted by Allen Yaxley


Can everyone make sure they have completed their registrations for Valley Con.👏
You know who you are.😎
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1371747629651492/

https://huttclub.wordpress.com/events/valleycon-2020/
Hamish Cameron Does anyone in Wellington/New Zealand play DBA or DBM anymore, or is DBMM the only game in town now?
Bryan Fowler Hi Hamish. Dbmm is king but a few of us play Adlg.
  • Hamish Cameron I'd better find a place to buy the rules then!

    What's Adlg?
  • Denis Grey L'Art de la Guerre, Hamish Cameron. Originally published in French, the third edition was the first one published in English. A fourth edition is due out shortly, probably early in the new year. The current (3rd) edition is still available, but only as a download.
  • Hamish Cameron Oh right, I heard some talk about that back in the early 2000s, but I don't think I saw it in play.
  • Hamish Cameron It looks like it would fill the DBA niche nicely.

    Is there another NZ ancients FB group that this conversation belongs in BTW?
  • Hamish Cameron Actually, the most pertinent question is probably which is most played in 15mm? It seems like most of the DBMM stuff I've seen here has been 25mm. Is that impression correct?
  • Bryan Fowler No, this is the only one I know of and the MMers are such a nice guy they will not mind. A few of also play To the Strongest which uses grids
    1
  • Bryan Fowler Adlg is mostly 15mm, it will be played at the nationals in Christchurch at Easter
    1
Kelly Gay I've paid....but am still painting :) what else do i need to do!
2
Paul Graham But I don't know who I am - am I on your list or did my call of tennis uber alles take me off it?
1

No comments:

Post a Comment