Sunday 4 October 2020

Early Imperial Romans vs Middle Imperial Romans - posted by Vince Cholewa, 3 October 2020

A tale of two Caesars. In my first game for several months, Michael Stonyer and I played a Roman civil war - my Early Imperial Romans vs Stony’s Middle Imperial Romans - at the Wellington Warlords.
My cunning plan was to pressure one flank with my slight advantage in light horse and cavalry and use my superiority in auxiliaries to overwhelm the other. The legionnaires in the centre would delay closing with his superior legionaries until the flanks were winning.
Well, the mounted attack failed dismally and while the auxiliaries on the other flank were winning it was taking far too long. Luckily for me the game timed out at four hours with a 15-10 draw to Stony. I would not have been able to hold out much longer.

The game started at sunrise with mist adding some interesting complexities to the game. If you do have a chance to play a scenario like that, do. It is fun. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1627725840720335

Propaganda

A selfie of two Caesars

Some of Mike's legionaries


Mike's first move
Nice use of your general as a march blocker
1
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 1m

On the road to ...
gif Road to nowhere talking heads - Google Search
GOOGLE.CO.JP
gif Road to nowhere talking heads - Google Search
gif Road to nowhere talking heads - Google Search
2
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 12h
The mid roman army is very pretty!
1
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 13h
How many points Vin and any chance of seeing the lists?
1
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 12h
There is only one true emperor and I am he.
1
  • Haha
  • Reply
  • Share
  • 10h


No comments:

Post a Comment