Saturday 19 October 2019

Sources for medieval Indians? Posted by Craig Mabon, 18 October 2019

Does anyone know of a source book for medieval (Bk4) Indian armies? I'm interested in the Dehli Sultanate (List 36: Later Muslim Indian) and would like to know what sort of figures I should be looking for. For example do the infantry bear any resemblance to the earlier Classical Indian infantry?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1312473488912240/

Alastair Duncan There's a series by Ian Heath published by Foundry and pretty sure they turn up in that. Brent SP has them (I think) and I'll look on my shelves Given it's a later Indian Army it probably has tactical nuclear weapons and an unreliable Pakistani ally!!!!
2
  • Craig Mabon Do El(S), Ps(X) and Rocketeers (Art(I)) count?
    1
  • John van den Hoeven I have the book Russell mentioned as well as the Gush book on Renaissance armies which has quite a bit on later Indians. You're welcome to borrow them Craig.
    1
  • Russell Briant This is one I used when I built Muslim Indian army. My view is the infantry have differences from classical Indian. Turbans rather than top knots. Scimitar style swords rather than two handed cleavers. Round hide shields rather than tall body shields. Etc. but it’s a big county with lots of different weapon and war drobes
    No photo description available.
    1
  • Craig Mabon Thank you for your excellent advice gentlemen. John van den Hoeven I'll take you up on your king offer, I'm just not sure when. Russell Briant what figure manufacturers did you use for your army?
Andrew Bennetts Ian Heath’s Armies of the Middle Ages V2 (WRG) covers the Delhi Sultanate. Happy to scan relevant pages if you like. Infantry are quite different to Classical Indian.
1
John van den Hoeven Ooops i forgot i have that book too Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment