Monday 28 October 2019

Construction adhesive for basing and filling - posted by Vince Cholewa, 24 October 2019

One step gluing and filling using construction adhesive for basing (also known by the brand name Liquid Nails, though I am using Bunnings’ home brand). If it is strong enough for building construction, it’s strong enough to glue toy soldiers onto bases; it doesn’t shrink so is ideal for filler around the figure bases; dries hard as wood; and dries brown so you have a good colour before you paint and add basing materials. Keep your spreading tool damp with water to work the adhesive around the bases. While it is still soft you can embed tufts, stones etc. I didn’t this time because I do most of my painting in the morning before going to work and I ran out of time today.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1318821734944082/


Roly Hermans That's what I've used for all my bases too.
1
  • Russell Briant For years I used Milliputt on bases. Which worked but being a two party epoxy took time.

    Now I use precoloured wood filler and sprinkle sand on. For my Ptolemaic desert bases I used something light yellow like pine and white sand and didn’t need to do any painting which seemed a bonus.
    1
  • Kevin McCarthy I knew there was a reason for Bunnings
    2
  • Kevin O'Kane For me, builder's bog (fibreglass) works fine on standard bases (not super large ones). Provides adhesive power plus can be worked before it sets. Messy though.
    1

No comments:

Post a Comment