Saturday 19 October 2019

Deploying C-in-C off the table - posted by Vince Cholewa, 16 October 2019

Deploying C-in-C off the table? I have played under the assumption that the C-in-C must start the game deployed on the table. Looking at the rules today I cannot find anything that specifically says that. I might have been playing with a deployment rule from an earlier edition. Your views on this?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1310709032422019/

  • Aaron Jackson That’s a very interesting thought. I can’t remember coming across this.
    1
  • Zach Russell My knowledge is he cannot flank March
    1
  • Zach Russell But no other restrictions
    1
  • Zach Russell Therefore he can be delay, deployed in ambush or be concealed command
    1
  • John Garvey You might also need to look at the dice allocation rules. I believe there are some effects.
    1
    • Vincent Cholewa John Garvey a general not on the battlefield is one of the causes of “1 extra PIP is expended” and there are also likely implications for “planning PIP allocation” and “player initiative point (PIP) dicing”.
    • John Garvey The only effects are about generals not being on table, etc
      1
Vincent Cholewa Thank you Aaron Jackson and Zach Russell. I think I had conflated “A C-in-C cannot flank march” with memories (not necessarily accurate ones) of previous rules. My apologies to anyone I have misled in our games.
1

No comments:

Post a Comment