Tuesday 9 July 2024

The suggested bases are too small, what should I do? Asked by Alex Alamo, 10 July 2024

Hi. Have a question about basing. Have been out of war gaming for a few years, since 7th Edition actually. At any rate, am in the process of painting up a medieval army. Teutonics and middle ages. In looking through the DBMM rules it sounds like the suggested bases are too small. I am painting up sergeants at the moment and was wondering how they should be based. Unfortunately the DBMM rules do not have illustrations. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2630836817075894

Barry Norris
What scale are you using? Mounted in 28mm can be problematic. As long as you maintain the correct frontage it is (usually - YMMV depending on who you play with) acceptable to have over depth bases. As an example many 28mm armies mount knights or cavalr… 
See more
Vincent Cholewa
Admin
Group expert
+1
My Polish army is c.1500 AD and I used mostly Perry plastics. They mounted fit but only just with careful placement. For the double-based Bw(X)/Bw(O) pavisiers and crossbowmen, I have used six figures per double-base. Likewise for my Thracians, my Greek hoplites are based three per base.
Russell Briant you have had "adventures" basing Victrix cavalry. What do you suggest?


No comments:

Post a Comment