Wednesday 17 January 2024

Should I average PIP dice? Asked by Vince Cholewa, 18 January 2024

Musings about averaging dice, your thoughts most welcome. On Saturday I averaged all four of my PIP dice. The result was as expected: every bound except one, the average was three or four PIPs plus one for their general (the sole exception was two plus one for the general).
I still haven’t decided if it was the right option!
It made noticeable improvement to what would otherwise have been the command with lowest PIPs (no longer one or two plus one), not much if any difference over the game for the middle two, and reduced the PIPs for what would have been the command with the highest dice (usually five or six plus one).
I often had fewer PIPs than the raw die rolls before averaging but even then the lowest score increased and the second lowest sometimes increased.
The result of the game was a heavy loss but that was because of an unnecessary risk I chose to take, and it because of PIPs.

Would I do it again? Hmmm 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2510710389088538/






No comments:

Post a Comment