Tuesday 30 January 2024

Sad loss of Brennan Tate, RIP - posted by Vince Cholewa, 29 January 2024

I need to share some very sad news, our dear friend Brennan Tate died at the weekend. I do not have details yet but Brennan had a heart attack some time ago and had more general cardiovascular problems.
I have very fond memories of Brennan, going back to our days at university and the Wellington Warlords from when we first met in 1980. Role playing at his parents’ house at Mana, then gaming using all sorts of rules at Brennan’s house in Norway Street, and long sessions just talking history and toy soldiers.
This link is to a post about Brennan’s latest project, Feudal English
I shall miss you buddy 😢

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2518354794990764/


John Dods
Top Contributor
Sad news indeed. I reconnected with Brennan over 20 years ago when I started working at DOC . My later memories were of him at DOC with always a book stuffed in his back pocket. Vince if you get dets of his send off please post them here please
  • Care
  • Reply
  • Share
Vincent Cholewa
Author
Admin
+2
John Dods I am getting information from David Nichols, who is in touch with Brennan’s brother, Fergus.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Mark Muir
I think I sold Brennan some 1/300 scale armour 2 years ago? I think I sold him a kilt in the 80s ..I remember his Norway street house..all those places up the Aro Valley , especially the dead end streets were so old and decrepit then..mainly lived in b… 
See more
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Vincent Cholewa
Author
Admin
+2
Mark Muir Norway Street has a Kelburn postcode. Yes, likely a seven figure street.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Mark Muir
Vincent Cholewa quite a hike up the Norway street steps to Kelburn proper ...like Devon street..I must have been fit back then.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Vincent Cholewa
Author
Admin
+2
Mark Muir I remember the path at the end of the road to reach the heady altitude of Kelburn
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Paul Graham
That's very sad. Brennan goes back a long way in the Warlords club, and will be much missed, especially among tha Aro Valley chapter.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
2
Vincent Cholewa
Author
Admin
+2
David Nichols sent me this pic of Brennan playing a modern game at Norway Street
May be an image of 1 person
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share
Geoff Rothwell
I’m very sorry to hear of this, Vincent. My deepest condolences.
  • Like
  • Reply
  • Share




No comments:

Post a Comment