Sunday 18 December 2022

End of year message - posted by Wayne Watts, 17 Decdember 2022

End of Year Message
As some may know, the the last 18 months have probably been the toughest of my life.
This year especially I've sort respite from the issue within my gaming, creating new armies and playing as much as I can. I've had many good outcomes on the table and some resounding defeats but all my opponents, to a man (no women as yet unfortunately), have been excellent and noble opposition and I would like to thank each and every one of you for the time & fun.
I do apologies for those times I was woolly headed & cognitively challenged and got things confused or wrong, it's an annoying consequence of the issues I'm facing.
I'd like to especially thank those of you who, at different times & locations, have gone out of your way to look to my welfare and keep an eye on me when I wasn't 100% on top of things - you all know who you are - it was very much appreciated.
From next Thursday we (Juum & I) are having a 31 day relaxation break in Thailand, looking to boost energy levels and getting ready for next year. So from February I'll be back, I hope, playing again as much as possible and look forward to some more great games.
Recently I uncovered a couple of boxes containing my old Navarrese troops which while requiring a total rebasing exercise, numerous repairs & touch-ups plus an extra 15-18 elements made from assorted damaged & spares are now well on the way to getting on to the table early-ish next year. There are some pics attached as a teaser of what's coming.
Again, thanks to everyone, everywhere for a fun year.

Cheers Wayne 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/posts/2244423379050575/




  • Joon Nak Choi
    Hang in there!!!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Vincent Cholewa
    Admin
    Group expert
    Hey Wayne all the very best, bro 😎 (brothers from a different mother 😝). It’s always a pleasure travelling with you from Horowhenua to club meetings. Looking forward to organising the Levin DBMM event with you, July 29-30.
    Meri Kirihimete to you and your loved ones 🎅
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • John van den Hoeven
    All the best Wayne 🙂
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Dirk Heinsius
    All the best, Darius will await you sometime in the New Year
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Alastair Duncan
    "Navare" in the field of wargaming have so many flank marches been all Greek to me.
    Enjoy Thailand but do t mention his Majesty in any but honorific terms!!!!
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d
  • Andrew Bennetts
    Catching up and playing against you is always a pleasure Wayne. Have a great break and hope to see you soon across the table or over a drink (these things not being mutually exclusive!)
    • Like
    • Reply
    • Share
    • 1d



No comments:

Post a Comment