Thursday 9 May 2019

Basing colours - posted by Dirk Heinsius, 7 May 2019

I’m looking for a new basing colour scheme, moving more forwards a Italian, Spanish feel, rather than my usual Libyan desert look.
Just wondering what paint colours everyone uses
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1193134074179516/

Josh Barton for my Greeks I've been using Vallejo beige brown drybrushed with tan earth and then dark sand. And mountain tufts + some light clump foliage to finish them off
2
Neil Williamson I just googles "spanish plains" images. There is a lot of inspiration there to copy.There is quite a variety too depending on the season. One of them was covered in pink and yellow flowers
1
  • Craig Mabon Neil Williamson So you think I should be looking at purple/lilac (heather) for my planned pre-feudal Scots. I could also rebase my Malburian Grand Alliance (1708) in red (as Oudenarde is in Flanders/Belgium), (HFG not DBMM I know, but its the thought that counts).
  • Michael Stonyer Hi Dirk,
    Image may contain: one or more people
    2
  • Michael Stonyer I've been using Vallejo Chocolate brown as a base, then dry brush flat earth over it. I then highlight using a lighter drybrush of Vallejo Desert yellow, before applying a final highlight sparse dry brush of Iraqui sand catching the tops of Citadel StSee More
    Image may contain: 1 person
    2
  • Michael Stonyer The lighting is better in this photo. This was taken two weeks ago of two Light Horse. The Left handed rider now has a leopard skin pill box hat.
    2
  • Michael Stonyer It's sounds like a lot of work, but the dry brushing is actually quite quick to do once the base coat has been applied.
    Image may contain: 1 person
    2
  • Michael Stonyer regards, Stony
    1
  • Michael Stonyer These base colours match up best with Autumn tufts from NOCH and Marsh Land from Gamer's Grass. Will be adding these in the next week or so.
    2
  • Russell Briant For desert bases I’ve stopped painting them. Using a wood filler compound in Rimu tint and sprinkling white sand on for texture as much as colour. I remain happy with the results.
    1
  • Russell Briant Example
    Image may contain: 3 people
    1


No comments:

Post a Comment