Saturday 24 November 2018

Ptolemaic vs Samurai - posted by Russell Briant, 24 November 2018

My game vs Gary Lewis and his post Mongol Japanese.
Gary had to deploy first.
A hard fought game which I eventually won while suffering 30% losses.




All set on my left

... and my right. Gary looks on.
The pike block engage samurai katana wielders while ashigaru bow drive back the left pike block and Legionnaires.
This pushed back pike block never gets to engage. His general being in action and being the recipient of the lowest dice means there are never able to charge in.

Samurai superior archers on Gary’s left.

Manage to break the sohei monks and then the blades and bow between them

Legionnaires and Greek Mercenary Cavalry confront rank on rank of samurai cavalry

My knights keep chewing through samurai cavalry. This wing breaks breaks for us both. First Gary then me.

I create a can’t recoil problem for me mercenary cavalry who both die

Right wing mounted deploy away from the superior samurai archers
Rob Sadler Are they the Dixons he picked up at Heavy metal?

Allen Yaxley They are. Very observant.😳

Gary Lewis Yep - all I've done is a bit of tufting and static grassing

John Way Nice. Planning to convert my Japanese from DBR to DBMM. What is the opposing force that has pikes and legionarii?

Dirk Heinsius Ptolemaic Egyptian

Allen Yaxley Ptolemaic?

Russell Briant Yes. Sorry John Way. I should have mentioned that.

No comments:

Post a Comment