Sunday 29 March 2020

Three photos from the Hutt Clubs earlier years - posted by Allen Yaxley 28 March 2020

Three photos from the Hutt Clubs earlier years. Nice to see some familiar faces.
Bruce Ferguson playing Kim Duckworth. Alastair Duncan playing someone I can not remember?
Any names please? John in the other photo.
Club was at the old civic centre then.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1460703487422572/



  • Vincent Cholewa Top photo: The player sitting on the right is Marcin but I cannot remember his surname. Is it Brent he is playing? I think it is Mark Plant in the background.
    1
  • Vincent Cholewa I remember the chap playing Alastair but not his name. He was also a keen 6mm Modern player.
  • Bruce Ferguson John Reynolds playing Marcin Wolski on the top, the guy playing Alistair looks like Chris Hargreaves or Gavin Dodunski to me.
    2
    • Vincent Cholewa Bruce Ferguson not Gavin. Maybe Chris?
    • Robert Curry Vincent Cholewa Pretty certain that is Chris Hargreaves. I only knew him as a GW player, didn't realise he played ancients. 7th ed I assume? Great to see the Bruce Ferguson trees still getting some use!
      1
    • Bruce Ferguson I think it definitely is, I recall his razor skills weren't the best. This looks like early DBM, mid nineties, at the civic centre guessing by the concrete block walls
      1
  • Nick Buckby Figures have got bigger. Men have got bigger.
    2
  • Allen Yaxley John still lives in Silverstream. Anyone know where the other guys are now ?
    I haven’t seen Kim for a while. His brother Justin use to play as will .
    1
Bruce Ferguson I bumped into Tony Symonds (aka Tony Allen) recently he said he sees Chris occasionally. I saw Kim a couple of years ago, I think he was working overseas and just visiting, David Kinzett will know more. Marcin who knows.
1




No comments:

Post a Comment