Monday 21 December 2020

Persian Update Dirk Heinsius 17th December 2020

I've been looking for "allied troops" for my 28mm EAP, to match the new Victrix Persians who are "heroic" in stature to say the least.

Yesterday I received a number of Vendel samples from Bill Hupp at Thistle and Rose, which are nearly a perfect matchup size wise.  The Vendel miniatures are fairly old so require a bit more work cleaning them up but the results are worth it, so I now have Egyptian Marines and Indian Archers for my Persians.

I've also been looking for replacement horses for Victrix cavalry.  I have a problem with the Victrix horses, in that I like them but they do not fit well on standard DBMM bases.

Steve Barber models do an Elamite Horse Archer, and the horse is larger and provides a good mount for Victrix riders.







Comments

Phil Malthus

idk what ranges they make now, but the beastie boys were always notorious for being overhanging, overfed, and over here

 · Reply · Share · 4 d

Andrew Crampton

You could ask Steve to do a special order of just the horses

 · Reply · Share · 4 d

Dirk Heinsius

Author

Andrew Crampton already done. Everything is waiting on Victrix releasing the rest of their Persians

 · Reply · Share · 4 d

Andrew Bennetts

Hi Dirk, on the subject of EAP, have you looked at the Wargames Atlantic box? I have their Dark Age Irish set and they are a nice size that works well with Gripping Beast, Old Glory and Perry figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment