Saturday 8 May 2021

Sarmatians - posted by Phillip Nash, 3 May 2021

A little something for myself for a change... 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824840264342234/permalink/1794822387344012/






This is my first real attempt at using contrast paints on 15mm minis. My goal was to get these done for myself as quickly and easily as possible. A stolen hour here, an evening painting there and they progressed quite quickly. They are far from perfect and not as detailed as my regular approach but the overall effect is vibrant and full of life. Given the time/effort to outcome ratio I am extremely pleased with them.
These are the main cavalry force for my Rhoxolani army. Lancers and light horse to follow.
Mtd are all beautiful Forged in Battle minis.
Bow are from Plastic Soldier Co. ultracast Goths Pacto boxes. I plan to use the rest of the Gothic Inf to make a Quadi ally for a later Sarmation list.


No comments:

Post a Comment